Tuesday 6 February 2007

Euthanasia in the Daily Tele

I managed to get an article on euthanasia into the Daily Tele. Green Dr Brown thinks it's OK for the government to help kill people, but I think there are problems with the view.

My last opinion piece (and I've only done 3) got pulled when Mrs C suggested that an article on Islam was not necessarily in the family's best interests. That might be right, it might not be, but there we are!

Thanks fellow blogospherians for your encouraging comments. I suppose I should post more often, but I only really started this blog so that I could do a drive-by shooting on a certain website ;-)

8 comments:

Neil Cameron (One Salient Oversight) said...

There's some Christians out there who might want to endanger your family for writing about Christian things...

Neil Cameron (One Salient Oversight) said...

Oh. THat's meant to be a joke BTW.

Gordon Cheng said...

Thanks oso. Your second comment reassures me about your photo ;-)

michael jensen said...

But I think you could be one of the great bloggers of history, Grodo (that typo makes you sound like a hobbit...)

Gordon Cheng said...

I could be a true scribbler in the margins, MPJ!

Well, I will try to lift the game a bit. I am not sure that the kangas at Sussex are a promising start, and I even left out the "rainbow birds" as Ruby called them.

Also, we are now setting a stopwatch on ourselves at Matthias Media to see if we are spending as much time on productive projects as we think we are, and I have a bad feeling about this...

michael jensen said...

productive projects?

depends how you define productive..

michael jensen said...

hey have you seen the satire on the briefing?

Gordon Cheng said...

Yeah, I did see that, Mikey. Superficially it is rather flattering to be sent up.

But really, how sad that the main criticism of Hillsong—that they appear to have no clarity about either Jesus or the meaning and centrality of his cross—is in no way rebutted or questioned by the satire.