Sunday 3 June 2007

Prayer

Heavenly Father, please help me to pray more!

Thank you for my family and our church. Help Gary, myself and the other people preaching today to tell the truth about you. Help us to preach Christ. Thank you also for the leaders at Munchkins, Sparks and Beagles, and that our three girls so much appreciate going and learning about you in those places. I pray that as well as the fun and games, they will see you clearly through your word. Thank you for the memory verse they keep being taught, "God keeps all his promises."

Thank you for the support group for Martin and Julie Field and the rest of the family, happening today. Please help us be good supporters. Thank you that Martin will be speaking on Zephaniah at 5.00 church for the next 3 Sundays. What a pain in the neck that their visa for Argentina hasn't come through. But how wonderful that in your grace you allow us to hear from Martin and to build our relationship with him in this way, through the teaching of your word.

Father, may your kingdom come, and your will be done. Please help me to remember to pray and act as if you are returning, because I keep forgetting. Help me to remind the family, and I pray for the people in my family and the people I know who don't know you, that they will prepare themselves for your Son's return in terrible glory. Help me to believe it too.

I'm so sick of working on my Masters, and Fiona's pretty bored of it too, so thank you that it's about to get handed in. I pray that the work I've done will be useful to someone other than just me, and remind people of the day-to-day reality of working out faith in practise.

Since it's Sunday: please bless Bruce, our rector, and his wife Rose and their whole family. Thank you for Bruce's many faithful years of gospel preaching at Carlingford, and his leadership of so many people in gospel ministry. I pray that as we hear your gospel of forgiveness, we may come to rely on it, and you, in ever increasing dependence, joy, hope and thankfulness.

Amen.

Oh, and please help me find that library book.

No comments: