Tuesday 24 July 2007

Mike's great idea

Still on reading big bits of Bible, here's Michael Kellahan's excellent suggestion:

hey gordo

I sometimes read a whole book aloud into ipod recorder then listen back later. Never as smooth as dowloadable versions but the discipline of reading aloud forces you to follow emphasis etc. Revelation took about an hour.

I wish I had the patience to do this. It seems like a superb way to make yourself slow down and pay attention. Doing the Greek (for the New Testament) does this too, especially if like me you're not real good at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I'm studying a book, the best approach I've found has been to read the bible on paper, listen to a recording simultaneously and stop to summarise each chapter as I go. Numbers toom me about 5 hours but it really sinks in.