Monday 13 August 2007

Croaky

Gave two sermons yesterday with a sore throat and croaky voice. The speech therapists would say this is a bad thing.

There are alternatives, I suppose. There's that classic Dylan clip where his voice sings but he stands in front of the camera holding up the key words on placards, casting them aside as the next words come up.

Given that I have a fairly full text in front of me as I speak, another possibility is to sit down and let a good reader take over.

Or, if I gave my laptop to the PowerPoint guy, (and readers of this blog will know that I love PowerPoint), the whole congregation could read the sermon aloud together.

Anyway, it seemed appropriate to be speaking (in the morning) about how words are very powerful things, and that God uses even our weak and cracked efforts to bring about his glory. 1 Corinthians 3:5-9 was a good passage to be reminded about.

No comments: