Thursday 2 August 2007

Timeline on my Masters.

Dave recently asked me how long I took to finish my Masters (which technically, still isn't finished as the markers will probably hand it back for fixing—not enough pictures, remove coffee mug smudges, change font to wingdings, that sort of gear). Anyway I thought all you people out in blogland would be wanting to know this as well, so here's what I said to Dave when he asked:

Hmm, let's see. I suppose you have to take into account the three subjects I did in 1988, which seems so unfair to me. OK, 19 1/2 years.

1988-89 M.Th at Moore.

1989 pull out of M.Th on Charles Sherlock's advice, and enrol at Melbourne Uni M.A, with Ian Breward supervising.

1997 receive humiliating letter from Melbourne Uni saying something to the effect of how pathetic I am, and not only am I dropped from being their student but it is now unlikely that I will ever win Wimbledon.

1998ish *thinks to self* hmm, I'm sure that the folks up at Moore would love to see me back there.

1999-2007 Various comedic moments, including the letter I got at one stage from an administrator saying "You've been doing this M.Th for 16 1/2 years! Hand it in in 2 months or you will fail for sure!!" That adminstrator has for all I know gone the way of all flesh. But my Masters lived on, deathless and in semi-suspended animation.

2007 Hand in M.Th. a few weeks ago. Waiting, waiting... *Thinks* I can't believe they're taking this long to mark one stupid essay!

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

I am very, very impressed that you've handed it in!!