Thursday 25 October 2007

De-faced!

I've been making Facebook friends like nobody's business, sitting here clicking away on people's profiles, people who I vaguely remember having passed some time in the street in Adelaide in 1985 (just an example Frank, I don't mean you buddy).

Suddenly a message pops into my inbox, saying something like, "Yes I remember you, and you obviously remember me, but I'm not your friend. Never was, never will be. Goodbye."

Now all this is fair enough, no hard feelings, free world etc. But gentle blog reader, I'm sitting here bleeding arterial blood, straight from a wound to my heart, and into the keyboard of my laptop. Help me out here. It will probably take at least 10 of you adding yourself on as my friends before I recover from the hurt of this one.

And don't worry, if you request me as a friend, then like America's Statue of Liberty I will never turn y'all away. Well, perhaps you David. Oh, and you, Andrew. But the rest of you poor huddled masses, pile on in.

6 comments:

Timothy Wonil Lee said...

Ouch! ;-)

Ben said...

I got "you're an idiot" on our blog recently.

The name of the poster was... 'Anonymous'.

Ben said...

And if I'd had comment approval on like I just noticed you do, Gordo, I wouldn't have had that problem!

Anonymous said...

Gordon! I would never de-friend you!

Anonymous said...

Gordon thats awful. I had the opposite where I had someone ask me to be their friend (who I don't think of as a friend at all) & I feel obliged to say yes...

Gordon Cheng said...

You can always hit 'Remove friend' if their presence in your list of friends bothers you too much.

They won't know about it unless they specifically check, or unless you tell them.

It's one of those things the etiquette guides have yet to catch up with.