Thursday 9 September 2010

Preaching hell from the Bible

The most recent 9 Marks e-journal prompted me to write this post for the Sola Panel on 'Preaching Hell from the Bible'.

If you read it, don't miss Mark Dever's article in which he explains why fear tactics are a good thing.

Of course, it’s good to teach our children not to be scared by shadows, and to be wary of those who use fear to sell us something. But what if there really is something to fear?


A fine question, and inviting of follow-up.

2 comments:

lukeisham said...

Hi Gordon,

I liked your Sola Panel roundup and have asked a few follow up questions about universalism because I'm in a long running debate about it at the moment.

I wanted to put the questions up in a somewhat raw manner but I hope it hasn't been off-putting.

Thanks again, Luke

Gordon Cheng said...

Luke,

not off-putting at all! Just I am no Baddeley, so might be a day or two before I get to them.

thanks for asking them, they are good questions.